Scheduled for Febr. 1 at 2pm.
Location - at a fire station in a Hispanic Community - exact location will be
forwarded shortly but estimated distance from ENE office = less than 15 min.
Expect News Conference to last a total of 30 minutes, including Q&A. Jeff
Skilling will be spokesperson for Selection Committee. However, we will try
to have as many committee members present as possible.
Mayor will likely discuss (estimated time = 10 min.):
- changes that are required at HFD - potential need to bring in an outsider,
- reasoning behind involvement of Enron/Jeff Skilling & formation of
selection committee - de-politicize the process, etc...
JS should speak about the following (estimated time = 10-15 min.):
- how he became involved in the process
- how the committee members were selected
- who the members are with a brief background on each (We plan to provide a
bio on each of the committee members as part of the press release)
- time line for Fire Chief selection
Q&A (estimated time = 5-10 min.)
- expect questions along the lines of: Are the meetings going to be open or
closed?, Outsider vs. Insider related questions...
Please let me know if you have any questions/comments/issues with the above.
I'll coordinate collection of Bios from Committee members. Anything else I
can do to help out here?