Jeff -- You are scheduled to do a telephone interview with Erick Schonfeld on Friday from 2 to 3 p.m. for the cover story in the August issue of the new Business 2.0. The story is about the e-commerce survivors and the lessons learned over the past five years. The featured companies will be Enron, UPS, Charles Schwab and MTV. The following are questions Erick will cover during the interview.
1. There's been a lot written about the New Economy, and in the past year
we've seen that a lot of the theories about it have been hokum (first mover
advantage, only the young can innovate, the Net will destroy established
business models, etc). Yet the business environment has not reverted to
what it was five years ago. So of all the ups and downs, the hype and hope,
what is the single biggest change in the business landscape over the past
five years? What is the one change that you grapple with in a very real way
every single day? Is there really anything new about the new economy? What
2. Of all the things that people said were going to change, what hasn't?
3. From what you can tell, what do you think will be the biggest change in
the economy over the next five years?
4. How has Enron rejiggered itself to accommodate the change that has
5. How must Enron position itself to take advantage of the big changes to
I will come to your office at 2 p.m. to place the call. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! Karen