Enron Mail

Subject:Re: Recommended Offer by ICE for IPE Holdings
Cc:greg.whalley@enron.com, michael.brown@enron.com, greg.piper@enron.com,andy.zipper@enron.com
Bcc:greg.whalley@enron.com, michael.brown@enron.com, greg.piper@enron.com,andy.zipper@enron.com
Date:Thu, 24 May 2001 19:38:00 -0700 (PDT)

My view is that we should go ahead and accept the ICE offer. Please proceed
the acceptance offer unless someone has a strong objection in which case let's
discuss on Tuesday.


From: Justin Boyd/Enron@EUEnronXGate on 24/05/2001 09:57
To: Greg Whalley/HOU/ECT@ECT, John Sherriff/LON/ECT@ECT, Michael
Brown/Enron@EUEnronXGate, Greg Piper/ENRON@enronXgate, Andy

Subject: Recommended Offer by ICE for IPE Holdings

This is to point out to you the approaching deadline for accepting ICE's
Offer for IPE Holdings. If we wish to accept this Offer, we must do so no
later than 3 pm on Tuesday 29 May.

In the meantime, Michael has received calls from Richard Ward (IPE's CEO)
inquiring as to our position, and it would be my view that we should accept
the Offer. (Note that if ICE receives acceptances of 90% or more, then our
shares in IPE Holdings will in any event be mandatorily acquired. And
assuming that such level of acceptances will be received, there is no reason
for not accepting the Offer).

Please would you let me know whether you wish to accept the Offer. Ideally,
if we are to do so, I would plan to send the acceptance by close of business
on Friday 25 May.